Miles Tracker

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Long Weekend Here in Ontario

Victoria Day weekend is here again and it was busy all over.  Driving around here, there also being stuck in traffic two days in a row.  Training has been going well this week, we are off to Buffalo this weekend for the ½ marathon on Sunday. We are heading down on Saturday for the Expo and a free pasta dinner.  I like how Buffalo puts on the pasta dinner as part of your entry fee. A lot of series charge you $20.00 for a little bit of pasta, Thanks Buffalo. Team Running Free will be represented in Buffalo as well, me of course but there are a few others running in the Full Marathon attempting to qualify for the Boston Marathon. Good Luck to everyone, let's make a big showing.


This past Saturday, Ivana, Maya and I headed down to Niagara Falls just for the day to have a day out, let Maya run in a new place, check out the tulips that were in full bloom (yeah, yeah I know) and to scope out the route for the Niagara Ultra 50km that is coming up in the middle of June. This will be my longest run ever, time will probably be about the same as doing a 70.3 for me. I haven't yet set a time frame to complete it, but mostly looking to be able to finish it.  We took a look at two areas of the route, the area around the Floral Clock through the park trials and then the HUGE hill climb up Queenston Heights and the switchback. That hill will be a hard climb. I have been doing some hill work but nothing like this. I am looking forward to having a good day in June.




OH we bought a new Bandana for Maya, She goes nuts when she knows that she is going to wear a bandana. This one says "I Dig Canada" perfect for Canada Day this year.




This past week has been about speed work for me, as I would love to get a personal best in Buffalo on a relatively flat course. I have also been trying to figure out a way that I can ride the bike on the road as June 1st is my 75km Ride for Heart, which is part of why I am doing the 500 Miles this year to raise funds for the Heart & Stroke Foundation. Still have to modify the bike to use for my left arm, still don't have the strength to hold it if I hit some bumps.

Well, I will be hitting the 100km mark this Sunday during the race and those of you who have pledged to donate per 100km get ready to make that donation and I thank you for pledging per 100km as it is another goal to hit during the year for me as well.

Have a great weekend and I will post up a report of Buffalo when I get back.

Damaged Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment