Miles Tracker

Thursday 22 May 2014

Sort of Ran with Ultramarathonman Dean Karnazes last night


I know I said that I would be back after the Buffalo Marathon, but I forgot that Running Free had invited Dean Karnazes to the Markham store for a meet and greet.

Dean Karnazes is an Ultramarathoner who i found out last night has raced 50 Marathons, in 50 States, in 50 Consecutive Days, then his last marathon is the NYC which he finishes in 3 hours flat. There is more about him if you would like to read at www.ultramarathonman.com

It was a great night, runners and Team Running Free athletes from all of the stores showed up to meet Dean and run a 5k together. Well we started out, I have not run up in that area before, so the group went off and of course I was slower, but I had already done a brick workout in the morning so I was just there to do a light 5k.  I lost the group at about 2.5k so I took a bit of a different route. I finished the 5.2km and was back at the store before anyone..HURRAY, I beat the Ultramarathonman, nooooo. They went quite a bit further than the 5k LOL.  Good for everyone that kept up and did it.

Racing 500 Miles in 2014, Markham,
inside Markham Running Free

Dean is off to Calgary this weekend for the Marathon, but him and a few others will be running  a special 50K race that will start 7.8km before the start line of the Marathon, run to the start line and then the Marathon course. 

Some Team Running Free Athletes with Dean





Damaged Heart


No comments:

Post a Comment