Miles Tracker

Friday 2 May 2014

Tri-Fecta Weekend ????? Update Walk to Cure Cancer

As in the last post, Ivana and I were off to Vaughan Mills for the Vaughan in Motion Walk to Cure Cancer held inside for a 5K walk to raise money for the MacKenzie Health Foundation for Cancer Care, on April 27th. 

We got there with about 15 minutes to spare, we had to finalize the registration get our T-Shirts make our donation to the Walk to Cure Cancer and make our way to the centre of the mall for the start with about 25 seconds left. 

There were a lot of people there, families, kids all to walk 5K indoors to have fun and raise funds for the community cancer care, even Doo-Doo the Clown, Spider-Man and Queen Elsa were there for the kids and having their photos taken. All of the participants in the walk raised over $30,000.00, FANTASTIC, with 100% of the raise money will be going directly to the MacKenzie Health Foundation as Vaughan in Motion to Cure Cancer is staffed 100% by Volunteers.



Some of the Great Volunteers

Starting behind everyone
Maple Pioneer Italian Seniors Group







Training has been going well this week with running. Stairs, hill training and speed work yesterday. This weekend, I will be attempting to do a Tri-Fecta.... well Saturday will be the 10K in Mississauga at their Mississauga Marathon Weekend. They have a 5K and 10K running Saturday evening at 6:30pm and then on Sunday morning I will be doing the GoodLife Fitness ½ marathon in Toronto.

I have been getting ready for the ½ marathon for a while now, which won't be a problem, but when I had picked the 10K in Mississauga I was thinking that it was during the day not the evening before the ½ marathon. So this week I thought that since Ivana is doing the 5K at the GoodLife Fitness as well on Sunday, I figured, maybe, Just Maybe, I will finish the ½ marathon before Ivana starts her 5K that I will do the 5K with her.  I will play it by ear and see how I feel as it is suppose to rain all weekend here.

Good news this week for me. A friend of mine, Steve, is going to Buffalo with me at the end of May. We are doing the ½ marathon at the Buffalo Marathon. Thanks Steve.

Donations are starting to come in for the Heart & Stroke Foundation towards my $7,500.00 goal to raise before the end of this year. As some of you know, I am attempting to Race 500 Miles in 2014 and this month of May is going to be a busy month with races every weekend and start the month of June off by riding 75K in the Ride for Heart for the Heart & Stroke Foundation. Then the summer will be triathlons leading up to 2 half Ironman's into the Fall.

Well, up earning in the morning for a workout, then go to Running Free in Markham for a few things.

Post after the weekend.
Damaged Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment