Miles Tracker

Friday 13 June 2014

Special Race this weekend, Not Niagara

Hello, So, Niagara has been what I have been training hard for as it was going to be a hard race for me at the 50km distance and I haven't done a Marathon since 2011. Well Niagara won't be happening due to a registration problem, as I didn't get a confirmation back when I did my entry online. I had checked the site and didn't see my name on the competitors listing so I had to email then phone and was told no it wasn't there and that the 50km had been sold out by then.

Well, onto looking to make up the difference in the milage that I will be missing out on, so I found a Sprint Duathlon in Cambridge, as part of the Subaru Triathlon Series, for Sunday, then an Olympic Duathlon in Guelph next Saturday, then my ½ marathon for the MEC Toronto is already scheduled for the Sunday. Then I will have a week off before Peterborough's Half Iron Duathlon on the 6th of July.

Well the Niagara was going to be a special race as I was going to dedicate it to a wonderful woman, good friend, great wife and a great mother to 3 boys. I will now make the dedicated race the Sprint Duathlon in Cambridge in the Memory of Marina Pezzetta. Yes, you might recognize the last name, it is Dino's mother. Marina passed away in April 2009 from a Stroke. As I have said, I will put names up on my "In Memory" page and will add them to my jersey as the year goes on. Marina was a great wife to Antonio "Tony" Pezzetta, Mother to Dino (Kelly), Ronnie (Ellen) and Danny (Maria). a great friend to Ivana and I as well as to Ivana's family.

Well, I hope to see some of the Team Running Free members in Cambridge, as I haven't see any so far. It would be nice to talk with a few.






















Damaged Heart


No comments:

Post a Comment