Miles Tracker

Friday 4 July 2014

Heading off to Peterborough Half Iron on Sunday

So it has been a couple of weeks getting ready for Subaru Triathlon Series Peterborough Half Iron this Sunday.

It is going to be a good weekend as Ivana and I are going up to my Dad's on Saturday as he is just outside of Peterborough so we won't have to get up early and make the drive up there for race day.  

Oh, after my DNF in Guelph, we stopped in at Running Free in Markham to get a few things that I needed for the MEC ½ Marathon the next day and they have Tech Time Saturdays in Markham where the companies set up in the store, show their product with displays, discuss with you and you can fill out a ballot for a free draw. On that Saturday, a Saucony rep was there with their new line of running shoes and I filled out a ballot. WELL I won a new Saucony Hoodie, fits really nice, warm and looks good as well. It is a new line that they will be bringing out in the fall as a sort of Vintage Style.  Thanks for the info on your running shoes as well as this great hoodie.

Richard Borrow, Race 500 miles in 2014

Ivana and I went for an easy bike ride last night through the Humber Trail up here. I have seen many deer while riding through there, but when Ivana wants to see "Wildlife", whether we are in the city or up north, it seems that the Wildlife does not want to show up. Example, Ivana loves loons and while we were up north camping last year, early in the morning the loons are out singing and you can see them on the lake, but when Ivana got up, they were no where to be found, lol. Well, last night, we got to see 3 deer altogether just standing right on the edge of the path eating away, we stopped they looked at us and kept on eating. We took a bunch of pics and Ivana was really happy to see them. They we not scared, just a little apprehensive.

So this weekend's race is the biggest one so far for me with regards to distance. Since my Dad lives up there, I have dedicated this race In Memory of my Nanny, Edna Borrow (Wickman) 1988. My next few races will have dedications In Memory as well and I will post their names on the In Memory page as well as on my Jersey. Remember, if you would like the name of a loved one on my Jerseys and a race dedication, please do not hesitate to email me or leave a comment so that I can get back to you. 

Heart and Stroke effects a lot of our lives, research and dedication from Health Professionals goes along way for the ones that survive and it is a long road to get back on our feet with help from family, friends and even people that don't know us. If you would like to donate, please click on the page tab Donations up at the top and then click on the Heart & Stroke logo which will take you to the Heart & Stroke secured page.

Hoping to see some Team Running Free Athletes up in Peterborough this weekend.


Damaged Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment