Miles Tracker

Friday 21 February 2014

Training while Watching the Olympics and Nascar

Well this week has been a great week. Training is going very well, swam 4 ½ hours this week, worked on strengthening my right arm for more rotations and pulling to get me through the swim portion along with staring at a poolside wall holding on and just kicking.... not going anywhere started to get boring though. Had a long ride on Wednesday 3hours 20 min, felt very good and did a small brick right after of 25 minute jog. The legs were really wobbly in the beginning I could only walk for the first 5 minutes until my back loosened up and hips started coming around faster. 

I passed the time away, this week, on my bike trainer watching the Olympics and Nascar practices. Go Canada, for Women's Hockey again back to back to back to back Gold Medals 


and now as I am writing this, Men's Hockey has just beaten the USA to advance to the Gold Medal game, they are guaranteed at least a Silver.  Nascar, Danica drove her way into the Daytona 500 for Sunday's race. 



I am glad they brought back the old way of having to race their way into the Race. Danica finished a nice 13th in the Dual 125, she is starting in 27th spot on the grid and I hope she has a pit crew this year that can get her in and out of the pits real fast so she doesn't loose any ground. Happened to much last year, get it together Go Daddy Pit Crew. 

Sunday will be a big morning for me, I will be training with all three endurances sort of. I can't get a swim in in the morning, so I will do a mini duathlon with a 1 mile run, then jump on the trainer for 1 ½ hours, then jump off and head for a 6 mile run. I will get a real good feel for my legs and how they are going to react. I have been working real hard on my leg strength as I will have to use mostly legs for the swim portion of the IM 70.3. 

I will be back on Monday with an update as to how I feel after Sunday's training day.

Have a great weekend
Damaged Heart

Photos courtesy of Nascar and CTV

No comments:

Post a Comment