Miles Tracker

Monday 17 February 2014

Valentine's Day Couples and Singles 5k Sweetheart Race (+playlist)

Hello again,

Here is a quick video posted on YouTube from the Valentine's Couples 5K. There is a big surprise at the end that I didn't know happened




Training has been going well this week. Swam for 4hrs total this week with improving with the one arm swim, legs are getter better in the water with power, but still frustrating with not being able to get on the go and swim with both arms.  Biking was a little down this week with only 7:45hrs, but they have been solid burns. One day was a good causal ride on the trainer while watching a movie. 16 miles in on the run for the week.  Today though is a complete off day as I have just hit the BIG 48 not yet 50 but closing in on it. I think next year I will be trying to be like Benjamin Buttons and try to go backwards and become a kid again.

This week is the start of Daytona Race Week and I will be doing a lot of training while watching practice rounds and 125's races getting ready for Sunday's start of the Nascar Season. "Go Daddy" and Danika Patrick, Get the Pole again this year and win the whole thing and put those words back in the "King's" mouth.

Well, a new pair of shoes yesterday. I have been an Asics person for quite a while now and I have tried other shoes but have not liked them or have had pain with them. Well yesterday I went to Running Free in Markham and wow great people there. The best of it was that I was allowed to bring my dog, Maya, into the store, they love dogs there. Prices are good there and a lot of sales going on as well. I am going to be going there a lot in the next little while, I love this store. I have to somehow get some Running Free ware.

While I was looking around for a new pair of Asics Kayano's I noticed that K-Swiss had put out a line K'Ona S, perfect for the Ironman World Championship in Kona. They were designed for certain countries specific colours and markings. Well, I had to try a pair on and I must tell you that they are very light in weight  and the initial feel of them are almost like not having anything on your feet. Here are my K'Ona S Canadian Flag shoes.



I will give these a few good workouts and try to give you a bit of review on them "If anyone is interested".

Well my birthday is almost over and training day starts again in the morning. So off to bed and getting ready for the Chilly ½ Marathon on March 2nd.

Oh by the way, donations are coming in and I am so thankful for the support.

Damaged Heart


No comments:

Post a Comment